Who we are
We are the Wey Valley Workshop. Our website address is: www.weyvalleyworkshop.co.uk. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the privacy of your data. We want your trust and confidence. This policy sets out what personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, and how it is used, and how we keep it secure. Please read it through carefully and if you have any queries contact us – see link at the bottom of this page.
What personal data we collect from you
Information that we need to run our group. This includes:
- Contact Names
- Post Code, Address and Phone Contact Details
- Any other Personal Information about you that we need to run our group.
How we use your Information
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, or given to any other company without your consent. We do not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes.
Your information is used for the purposes below:
- To run our group, and undertake any admin related activities (e.g. membership renewals)
- To improve our group allowing us to respond to queries and provide support
- To facilitate communication among members
- To send periodic emails, including telling you about our activities and program
- To investigate any issues relating to our group
Processing of data
We process your personal information to deliver information about the group and to improve our group. We may also contact you directly with information about the group if you provide consent. There is a section below that describes how to withhold your consent.
How we store your data and for how long
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored. The personal information is retained for no longer than is necessary to provide membership services for our group that you have requested and thereafter for legitimate legal or business purposes including:
- required by law, contract, or similar obligations applicable to our business operations.
- for preserving, resolving, defending, or enforcing legal/contractual rights
- maintaining adequate and accurate business and financial records
You can withdraw consent to any use we make of your personal information by contacting us – see link at the bottom of this page. However, you cannot withdraw consent for processing necessary to provide the membership services you have requested unless you also ask us to no longer provide the service.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request access information held about you. Please contact us using the link below. We will respond within 30 days and return your information.
Right to complain